Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch

The Paper Bag Princess

I like the paper bag princess, but it would be better if it was a chapter book. When I read it that is what I thought it was, but it’s a picture book meant for little kids. But I liked when the dragon burned off all her clothes and she could only find a paper bag to wear.

I like the fact that she’s smarter than the prince, and the dragon. She doesn’t need a prince to save her, especially a dumb prince like Ronald who only cares about being rich and having a “real” princess to marry.

Elizabeth calls him a bum. That’s the best part!

Girls don’t need a boy to save them. We save ourselves.

Then she runs off into the sunset in her paper bag.

***Review Copy courtesy of the publisher via netgalley

View all my reviews

 

No comments: