Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

The Big Bank Burglary by Kim Donovan

The Big Bank BurglaryThe Big Bank Burglary by Kim Donovan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the second in this middle grade series, and I enjoyed it as much as the first one. My 5 year old son had me read it out loud to him. He seemed to enjoy the silly things the best.

Our favorite villain-in-training is back, and Demon Kid is looking forward to ruling the school this year. But there's a new kid at school, Copycat, who seems to outshine him in everything. More than just Demon Kid’s cool factor is at risk. He may not get to go on the big bank heist that’s being planned at the school.

Can Demon Kid fix his reputation and enjoy his status as popular once again? Will he figure out just who this new kid really is? Add in the surprise twist at the end, and you’ll have quite the fun book on your hands.

The author has really found her voice and is hitting her stride. Both my kids enjoy this series, but my son seems to like it more. I’d say if you were to mash up the movies Sky High with Megamind, you’d have this series. A fun chapter book that will have you rooting for the villains :)

***review copy provided by the author


View all my reviews

No comments: